You are here
Phone: +86-10-85188858 xt. 3328
Associate Professor of Strategic Management
Associate Dean of CKGSB Europe
PhD, City University of New York
Research Areas: Strategic Alliances, M&A, Entrepreneurship and Innovation, Chinese Firms' Global Strategies
Teng is Associate Professor of Strategic Management at CKGSB and the Associate Dean of CKGSB Europe. He formerly served as a tenured Associate Professor of Strategic Management at George Washington University (GWU), where he was a doctoral advisor and lead professor of the departmental doctoral program.
Teng has published over 20 articles in academic journals including Academy of Management Review and Organization Science. His research is included in most textbooks on strategic management.
An authority on strategic alliances, he has been interviewed by media such as The Wall Street Journal and The Washington Post.
Teng is a member of the Academy of Management and serves on the editorial board of International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal. He has received many rewards for his research, including the Wendell and Louis Crain Research Scholar at the GWU School of Business. His biography appears in Who's Who in America and Who's Who in American Higher Education.
- "Strategic Alliance Termination and Performance: The Role of Task Complexity, Nationality, and Experience", with McCutchen, W. W. Jr., Swamidass, P. M., Journal of High Technology Management Research, vol. 18(2), 2008.
- "Governance Structure Choice in Strategic Alliances: The Roles of Alliance Objectives, Alliance Management Experience, and International Partners", with Das, T.K., Management Decision, vol. 45, 2008.
- Teng, B. 2007. "Corporate Entrepreneurship Activities through Strategic Alliances: A Resource-based Approach toward Competitive Advantage." Journal of Management Studies, 44(1): 119-142.
- Teng, B. 2007. "Managing Intellectual Property in R&D Alliances." International Journal of Technology Management, 38(1/2): 160-177.
- Cummings, J.L., & Teng, B. 2006. "The Keys to Successful Knowledge-sharing." Journal of General Management, 31(4): 1-18.
- Teng, B. 2005. "The Emergence and Popularization of Strategic Alliances: Institutional and Entrepreneurial Views." International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal, 1: 61-82.
- Teng, B. 2004. "The WTO and Entry Modes in China." Thunderbird International Business Review, 46: 381-400.
- McCutchen, W. W. Jr., Swamidass, P. M., & Teng, B. 2004. "R&D Risk-taking in Strategic Alliances: New Explanations for R&D Alliances in the Biopharmaceutical Industry." Management International Review, 44(1): 53-67.
- Teng, B. 2003. "Collaborative Advantage of Strategic Alliances: Value Creation in the Value Net." Journal of General Management, 29(2): 1-22.
- Cummings, J. L., & Teng, B. 2003. "Transferring R&D Knowledge: The Key Factors Affecting Knowledge Transfer Success." Journal of Engineering and Technology Management, 20(1-2): 39-68.
- Das, T. K., & Teng, B. 2002. "Alliance Constellations: A Social Exchange Perspective." Academy of Management Review, 27: 445-456.
- Teng, B., & Cummings, J. L. 2002. "Trade-offs in Managing Resources and Capabilities." Academy of Management Executive, 16(2): 81-91.
- Das, T. K., & Teng, B. 2002. "The Dynamics of Alliance Conditions in the Alliance Development Process." Journal of Management Studies, 39: 725-746.
- Das, T. K., & Teng, B. 2001. "Trust, Control, and Risk in Strategic Alliances: An Integrated Framework." Organization Studies, 22: 251-283.
- Das, T. K., & Teng, B. 2001. "Strategic Risk Behavior and Its Temporalities: Between Risk Propensity and Decision Context." Journal of Management Studies, 38: 515-534.
- Das, T. K., & Teng, B. 2000. "A Resource-based Theory of Strategic Alliances." Journal of Management, 26: 31-61.
- Das, T. K., & Teng, B. 2000. "Instabilities of Strategic Alliances: An Internal Tensions Perspective." Organization Science, 11: 77-101.
- Das, T. K., & Teng, B. 1999. "Managing Risks in Strategic Alliances." Academy of Management Executive, 13(4): 50-62.
- Das, T. K., & Teng, B. 1998. "Between Trust and Control: Developing Confidence in Partner Cooperation in Alliances." Academy of Management Review, 23: 491-512.