CKGSB Knowledge Winter 2014 Issue: China Embraces the Sharing Economy
The Winter 2014 issue of CKGSB Knowledge is out! It has articles and interviews like:
- No Purchase Necessary: The sharing economy has threatened traditional industries in the West in the last few years. Now it’s gaining a foothold in China
- From stats on growth in R&D spending to precious metal exports, the China numbers you need to know
- The Big Number: China’s share of global GDP through the ages
- China+1: Does it Add up? As China changes, companies weigh up other options for manufacturing
- Where is China’s Silicon Valley? As China seeks to innovate and upgrade its economy, can any region in the country be compared to Silicon Valley?
- A Lightweight in China: Amazon is redoubling its efforts in China, but will it succeed at the second time of asking?
- The Davids versus Goliath: With its huge scale and steps towards global dominance, can anyone rival Alibaba in China?
- The Property Conundrum: With a slowing property market witnessing a difficult patch, the Chinese government faces a tricky balancing act
- The Zone: A year on from its debut, has the Shanghai Free Trade Zone fulfilled the desires of investors?
- First Response: As the business environment matures, for firms in China crisis management has become essential
- Farewell, My Consultant: Do Western consultancies need to wave goodbye to China?
- On the Up, Just: After a dip earlier in the year, entrepreneurial confidence is back
- C-Suite: Veronica Wu, Vice President (China) for Tesla Motors explains what it’s like to bring much-hyped innovation to China
- The Thinker Interview: Strategy guru Gary Hamel, author of books like Competing for the Future, on the coming revolution in the role of management
- Q&A: Tom Doctoroff, CEO of J. Walter Thompson Asia-Pacific and author of Twitter is Not a Strategy, tells us why marketing basics still matter in the digital age
- Q&A: Nicholas Lardy, economist and author of Markets Over Mao, sets the record straight on the role of the state in China’s economy
- CKGSB Dean Xiang Bing on why the seeds of humanity must flourish in business education
- A Chinese Tiger Woods? China’s golfing prodigies make an impact
- Joel Backaler, Associate Vice President at FSG and author of China Goes West, on his reading list
TO READ THE WINTER 2014 ISSUE, SIMPLY CLICK ON THE MAGAZINE COVER.
After it loads, you can save it to your computer.
KEEP IN TOUCH
To stay informed about new articles on the CKGSB Knowledge website, please follow us on:
You may also like
Dan Wang, Technology Analyst at Gavekal Dragonomics, discusses the changes in China’s tech industry and the prospects for China-US economic.
| Nov. 11 2022
Nobel Prize-winning economist Michael Spence discusses the development of strategic competition and the benefits it can bring.
| Nov. 9 2022
Carson Sun, CEO of Lululand, a company operating almost entirely in the metaverse, talks metaverse advertising, world building and the future.
| Nov. 9 2022
Tourism both in China and internationally has struggled due to the pandemic, but strong demand for travel remains.
| Nov. 9 2022