CKGSB Knowledge Winter 2014 Issue: China Embraces the Sharing Economy
The Winter 2014 issue of CKGSB Knowledge is out! It has articles and interviews like:
- No Purchase Necessary: The sharing economy has threatened traditional industries in the West in the last few years. Now it’s gaining a foothold in China
- From stats on growth in R&D spending to precious metal exports, the China numbers you need to know
- The Big Number: China’s share of global GDP through the ages
- China+1: Does it Add up? As China changes, companies weigh up other options for manufacturing
- Where is China’s Silicon Valley? As China seeks to innovate and upgrade its economy, can any region in the country be compared to Silicon Valley?
- A Lightweight in China: Amazon is redoubling its efforts in China, but will it succeed at the second time of asking?
- The Davids versus Goliath: With its huge scale and steps towards global dominance, can anyone rival Alibaba in China?
- The Property Conundrum: With a slowing property market witnessing a difficult patch, the Chinese government faces a tricky balancing act
- The Zone: A year on from its debut, has the Shanghai Free Trade Zone fulfilled the desires of investors?
- First Response: As the business environment matures, for firms in China crisis management has become essential
- Farewell, My Consultant: Do Western consultancies need to wave goodbye to China?
- On the Up, Just: After a dip earlier in the year, entrepreneurial confidence is back
- C-Suite: Veronica Wu, Vice President (China) for Tesla Motors explains what it’s like to bring much-hyped innovation to China
- The Thinker Interview: Strategy guru Gary Hamel, author of books like Competing for the Future, on the coming revolution in the role of management
- Q&A: Tom Doctoroff, CEO of J. Walter Thompson Asia-Pacific and author of Twitter is Not a Strategy, tells us why marketing basics still matter in the digital age
- Q&A: Nicholas Lardy, economist and author of Markets Over Mao, sets the record straight on the role of the state in China’s economy
- CKGSB Dean Xiang Bing on why the seeds of humanity must flourish in business education
- A Chinese Tiger Woods? China’s golfing prodigies make an impact
- Joel Backaler, Associate Vice President at FSG and author of China Goes West, on his reading list
TO READ THE WINTER 2014 ISSUE, SIMPLY CLICK ON THE MAGAZINE COVER.
After it loads, you can save it to your computer.
KEEP IN TOUCH
To stay informed about new articles on the CKGSB Knowledge website, please follow us on:
You may also like
A New Energy Cycle
China is adding new solar capacity at a globally unparalleled rate, but it needs to ramp up even further to meet its.
| May. 29 2023
China is consuming more coffee than ever before and is on track to become one of the largest markets.
| May. 4 2023
The ambiguity of China’s carbon reduction goals has resulted in short-term emissions increases, and the targets may not be realistic.
| Mar. 7 2023
Baijiu has been an integral part of Chinese culture for centuries, but manufacturers need to attract a new generation to the drink.
| Mar. 7 2023