The Fall 2014 issue of CKGSB Knowledge is out! It has articles and interviews like:
- Around the World: In a circuitous way, billions of dollars rely on an international game of legal cat and mouse. China’s top companies use variable interest entities, but now the Alibaba IPO is shining a light on this legal grey area.
CHINA BY NUMBERS:
- From stats on China’s search engine market to housing sales: the numbers you need to know
- Sustainable Investment: Which of China’s green investment areas offer the best returns?
- Buying Brain Power: Chinese firms are stocking up on patent purchases, but is it anything more than share price padding?
- The Bot Connection: How the growing use of robots will impact manufacturing in China, as well as China’s robot makers
- China-India Relations: Will Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi bring about the next chapter of this Silk Road saga?
- Politics in the Pipeline: Two experts discuss China and Russia’s recent gas pipeline deal
- Unplugged! They money is there, the producers are capable, so why aren’t electric cars happening in China?
- A Tenuous Hold: Can Samsung fend off domestic brands and Apple to stay at the top of China’s smart-phone market?
- The Thinker Interview: Sheena Iyengar, author of The Art of Choosing, on the limitations of choice—and how to choose wisely
- Q&A: Author and journalist Leta Hong Fincher on the confounding phenomenon of women forfeiting their property wealth in China
- C-Suite: Allen Wu, ARM’s Greater China President, explains how the British seminconductor and software design company navigates the environment for foreign tech companies
- C-Suite: Daniel Kirchert, Managing Director of Infiniti China, tells us how the luxury automobile brand is swinging into high gear
- THE NEW NO. 1: What will change when China eventually becomes the world’s largest economy?
BUSINESS BAROMETER (CKGSB BUSINESS CONDITIONS INDEX):
- Buckle Up: Entrepreneurs are leaning to live with the negative business outlook
- Open Arms: Despite the woes of multinationals, Xiang Bing, Founding Dean of CKGSB, argues China will be more open than ever before
- China and the World Cup: Can China turn around its soccer fortunes?
- China Market Research Founder Shaun Rein on how to spot the real China experts
TO READ THE FALL 2014 ISSUE, SIMPLY CLICK ON THE MAGAZINE COVER.
After it loads, you can save it to your computer.
KEEP IN TOUCH
To stay informed about new articles on the CKGSB Knowledge website, please follow us:
Enjoying what you’re reading?
Jointly offered by CKGSB and IMD Business School, this program offers a comprehensive understanding of successful digital ecosystems from both China and the USA through the latest case studies and cutting-edge research.
DateNov 6-10, 2023
Global Unicorn Program Series
Co-developed by CKGSB and SDA Bocconi School of Management, this program unravels luxury management—particularly in the food, fashion and furniture sectors—and emerging technologies, such as Fintech and AI.
DateNov 13-16, 2023
Co-developed by CKGSB, UC Berkeley College of Engineering, and IE Business School, this program equips participants with proven strategies, cutting-edge research, and the best-in-class advice to fuel innovation, seize emerging tech developments, and catalyse transformation within their organization.
DateNov 5-11, 2023
Global Unicorn Program Series
In collaboration with the Stanford Center for Professional Development (SCPD), this CKGSB program equips entrepreneurs, intrapreneurs and key stakeholders with the tools, insights, and skills necessary to lead a new generation of unicorn companies.
LocationStanford, California, USA
DateDec 11-15, 2023