You are here
Phone: +86 10 8518 8858 ext. 3811
Associate Professor of Marketing
PhD, Columbia Business School
Research Areas: Pricing, Retailing, Market Structure, Consumer Choice Models, Social Networks
Dr Li is Associate Professor of Marketing at Cheung Kong Graduate School of Business. He received his PhD from Columbia Business School and had taught undergraduate and MBA classes before coming back to China. His research focuses on big data marketing analytics, with emphases related to pricing, consumer choice, and competitive strategy. Professor Li has published on leading academic journals such as Management Science and Journal of Marketing Research, and reviewed for Operations Research and Management Science. At CKGSB, Dr Li teaches marketing management, marketing research, managerial statistics for MBAs and big data marketing, internet marketing for Executive Education. Prior to joining business academia, Dr. Li had earned a bachelor degree in electronics science from Peking University, a master degree in biomedical engineering from Columbia University, and had worked for United Nations in New York. He consulted for Tencent, Baidu and Yonghui Groups, and currently holds a US patent.
- Luxury Education Foundation Scholarship, Columbia Business School 2012
- AMA Sheth Foundation Doctoral Consortium Fellow 2011
- Eugene M. Lang Research Grant, Columbia Business School 2011
- 2011 Univ. Houston Doctoral Symposium School Representative 2011
- Columbia-Duke-UCLA Quant Marketing Workshop Funding 2010
- Ryoichi Sasakawa Young Leaders Fellowship, Columbia University 2009-2010
- Full Graduate Fellowship, Columbia University 2005-2012
"Does Price Elasticity Vary with Economic Growth? A Cross-Category Analysis" with Brett Gordon and Avi Goldfarb, Journal of Marketing Research, 2013, 50(1), 4-23. (Lead Article).
(SAS and Stata codes available upon request)
"A Bayesian Semiparametric Approach for Endogeneity and Heterogeneity in Consumer Choice Models" with Asim Ansari, Management Science, 2014, 60(5), 1161-1179.
(C code available upon request)
"Probabilistic Topic Model for Hybrid Recommender Systems: A Stochastic Variational Bayesian Approach" with Asim Ansari and Jonathan Z. Zhang, Under Review.
(Mathematica code available upon request)
"An Empirical Study of National vs. Local Pricing under Multimarket Competition" with Brett Gordon and Oded Netzer, Under Review.
(Matlab code available upon request)
"Dynamic Preference Heterogeneity" with Ryan Dew and Asim Ansari, Under Review.
(R and Stan codes available upon request)
- "Models of Weighted Social Networks: Disentangling The Incidence and Intensity of A Relation-ship" with Asim Ansari, Oded Koenigsberg and Florian Stahl.
- "Modeling Category Captain Management with Dynamics and Demand Uncertainty" with Oded Koenigsberg.