Mr. Wei was also the former secretary of Mr. Sun Shangqing, the director of the Development Research Center of the State Council and former assistant to Mr. Wu Jinglian, one of the leading Chinese economists.
During his time studying in Japan, Mr. Wei was a guest researcher at renown organizations, including Institute of Developing Economies, Tokyo University, and the Industrial Bank.
Focusing on political structure reform, macroeconomic management, banking and financing, and crisis management, Mr. Wei’s research achievements include:
– Initiated research projects on crisis management (1994)
– Initiated the establishment of the deposit insurance system in China, preventing international crises (1995)
– Initiated the separation of monetary policy and banking supervision (2002)
-Initiated projects preventing local government debt risks (2003)
– Initiated “Hua Yuan Concept” (2008)
Recent years, Mr. Wei has published and edited:
– Research on the Methodology and Promoting Way of Reform (2013; Japanese Version, 2020)
– Research on Deposit Insurance Regulation and Financial Safety Net (2014)
– Resolutions to Local Government Debt Risk and New Urbanization Financing (2015)
– Assessing Economic Risks during the 13th Five-year Plan (2016)
– Governing the National with Modernization (2017)
– Research Series on International Financial Crisis (2020, 2021)