You are here
Frequently Asked Questions
If you do not find the answers you are looking for here, please contact the MBA Admissions Office at email@example.com or download the MBA brochure for more detailed information.
1. Is the CKGSB MBA course a full-time or part-time program? How long does it take to complete the course?
The CKGSB MBA course is a 14-month full-time program.
2. What language is used for classroom instruction?
All classes are taught in English.
3. What other graduate programs are offered by CKGSB?
In addition to the MBA program, CKGSB also offers a Chinese-language Executive MBA program; a Chinese-language part-time Finance MBA program; and many high-level executive education courses.
4. What are CKGSB's codes for the GMAT/GRE?
CKGSB GMAT code: 60D-KJ-39
CKGSB GRE code: 4465
Applicants who have received a conditional offer can choose to take MBA Program’s Entrance Exam to get a full offer.
5. Will I have any opportunities to study Chinese?
Yes. CKGSB offers free Chinese lessons to all international students.
6. What is the application process for the MBA program at CKGSB?
First, fill out the online application materials. Second, attend interviews.
7. What is the application deadline for the 2016 intake?
The CKGSB MBA program accepts one class each year, consisting of 60 students.
Early Deadlines: Oct 10, 2016; Dec 5, 2016; Feb 20, 2017
Regular Deadlines: Apr 17, 2017; Jun 19, 2017
8. Is there any age limit for applicants?
No, CKGSB MBA program welcomes applicants of all ages. However, previous MBA classes have had an average age of 29, and the ages of students generally range from 24 to 36.
9. Can I contact CKGSB to confirm that you have received my application?
Our online application system will automatically inform you whether your application has been successfully completed, submitted, and received. If you have any questions, please contact the Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. When can I receive the admissions decision after submitting my application? How will you inform me of your decision?
The admissions decision will be sent out approximately two weeks after your interview. We will send you the decision both by post and by e-mail.
11. May I submit more than two letters of recommendation?
Applicants are required to submit two letters of recommendation. You are able to submit additional letters of recommendation; however, the number of letters of recommendation that you submit will not influence the admissions decision or raise your chances of acceptance. Therefore, we suggest that applicants limit themselves to two letters of recommendation unless they feel strongly that a third letter will reveal an important aspect of themselves otherwise absent from their application.
12. Could I defer my enrollment?
Generally, CKGSB does not permit deferrals. An applicant unable to enroll at the time specified in the offer of admission must resubmit an application.
If an unforeseen situation arises that would prevent an already-accepted student from enrolling at the specified time, that student may apply for a one-year deferral of admission. However, scholarship and financial aid offers can't be deferred.
13. Can I come and visit the campus at some time? I would like to discuss the program more fully with somebody.
We welcome visits to our campus. Please send an e-mail to email@example.com to schedule an appointment.
14. Does CKGSB offer scholarships?
Yes, outstanding applicants have the chance to be awarded a scholarship to study at CKGSB MBA program. For more information, please click here.
15. What is the fee to apply for the CKGSB 2016 intake for the MBA program?
The application fee for this year's MBA program is RMB 800 or USD 120.
16. What is the tuition for the CKGSB MBA program?
The tuition for the 2016 intake is 398,000.
17. Will I have the opportunity to study abroad during my time with CKGSB?
Yes. As part of the curriculum, all students will take part in an overseas module that will allow them to study at one of the leading business schools in the United States.
In addition, students have the option to take part in the individual exchange program. In previous years, 50% of our students have had the opportunity to study at top business schools across the globe with which we have partnership programs.
CKGSB's partner schools include:
• Columbia Business School, Columbia University
• Darden School of Management (UVA), University of Virginia
• The Johnson School, Cornell University
• Ecole de Management de Lyon (Em Lyon)
• Indian School of Business (ISB)
• Instituto de Empresa Business School (IE)
• Carlson School of Management (CSOM), University of Minnesota
• Graduate School of Business, Seoul National University
• Graduate School of Commerce, Waseda University
The MBA program also provides CKGSB students the chance of interaction and study with students visiting from famous international business schools.
18. While studying at the CKGSB MBA program, will I need a laptop computer?
For convenience while studying, we strongly recommend that students bring laptop computers. There are also some desktop computers on campus that students may use without charge.
19. What can you tell me about CKGSB's dorms? Can I live off-campus?
CKGSB offers student apartments in the vicinity of campus. Students can also choose to rent their own apartments nearby. For more information about student apartments, please click here .
20. Are there any other costs in addition to the tuition fee?
When planning a budget for the school year, students should also keep in mind their living costs, rental costs, in addition to school tuition. For more information, please click here.
21. What are the requirements to receive the MBA degree?
All students must complete the required credits and go through a thesis defense. In addition, to receive a Master’s degree issued by the State Council Degree Committee, Chinese students at CKGSB must also register and take the MBA Entry Test (GRK). International students do not have this requirement. For additional details, please contact the Admissions Office.
22. What career services are offered by CKGSB?
The CKGSB MBA Career Development Center offers individualized career development services to help students with self-appraisal and with preparing to find employment. For details on their services, please click here.
23. Can CKGSB help me apply for a visa to come to China?
Yes, we guide our admitted students through the visa application process. If the application process has any specific requirements in your country, please contact the CKGSB admissions office with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.