You are here
Gain financial sector expertise
Note: This program is conducted in Chinese. If you would like to learn more about the program, please refer to the Finance MBA section on our Chinese website.
The CKGSB Finance MBA is tailored for rising managers in China’s fast-growing financial and industrial sectors, as well as entrepreneurs seeking a deep understanding of financial markets and best practices in corporate finance. The two-year part-time program is taught in Chinese and provides students with the strong foundation in the theory and practice of finance necessary for steady career growth and managerial development.
Many FMBA students are internationally educated, with 50% of them fluent in English. Led by CKGSB’s world-class faculty members, the program examines financial management and decision making in emerging markets and the global arena. FMBA students have access to elective MBA and EMBA courses and enjoy simultaneous translation services of all classes taught in English.
FMBA graduates lead China’s top financial and industry firms such as ICBC, CCB and Bank of China in prominent management, consultancy and board positions where they make significant contributions to the continued development of China’s capital markets and banking system, using the global perspective and the personal and professional growth tools that they gained at CKGSB.
The advantages of a Finance MBA from CKGSB:
- Learn from world-class faculty
- Study the key concepts of finance and management theory and practice
- Use a global perspective to link China and the world
- Interact and share knowledge with experts in the field
- Join the CKGSB network, China's most exclusive alumni club
The CKGSB Finance MBA blends financial management theory and practice. Over a two-year period, students take a total of 35 courses, which are taught in all-day sessions, once or twice a month on weekends. Students can also participate in elective courses with students from the EMBA program. Courses include:
- Managerial Economics
- Financial Accounting and Analysis
- Strategy and Management
- Organizational Behavior
- Operations Management
- Management Accounting
- Business Negotiation
- International Finance
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Derivatives
- Risk Management
- Emerging Capital Markets
- Asset Securitization
- Management with Chinese Cultural Values
Through partnerships with some of the world’s leading business schools, CKGSB FMBA students are able to visit and attend classes overseas during their second year of study. These opportunities increase global knowledge and create international networks of financial professionals.
The CKGSB FMBA program accepts applications throughout the year. Interview times depend on when you submit your application. We recommend that you submit your application as early as possible.
2016 Tuition: RMB 478,000. This tuition fee includes all textbooks and teaching materials, use of the library and school network, and tea breaks, as well as the tuition for one international study trip. Food, accommodations, and transportation for any domestic or international study trips are covered by the students themselves.
- Preliminary Application
- Verification of Credentials
- Verification of Credentials Completed
- Formal Application
- Submission of Supporting Materials
- Admission (within ten working days) and Enrollment
- Beginning of Class
You may complete the preliminary application through one of the following ways:
- Enter the CKGSB FMBA Online Application System
- Download the Preliminary Application Form, fill it out and mail or fax it back to the FMBA Admissions Office
- Contact the Admissions Office and have a form sent via mail or fax, fill it out and mail or fax it back to the FMBA Admissions Office
You may complete the formal application through one of the following ways:
- After you pass the preliminary application, you will be provided with a password to enter FMBA Online Application System to fill out the forms online, and send in the support material in accordance with the instructions given by the online system
- After you pass the preliminary application, you will be provided with a password with which you can download a Formal Application Form; you can fill it out and mail it back with the supporting material
- After you pass the preliminary application, the FMBA Admissions Office will mail you a full set of formal application forms ; fill them out and mail them back with the relevant supporting materials
Interview and Admission
The CKGSB FMBA Admissions Office conducts interviews to evaluate the capabilities and potential of our applicants. Based on the evaluation of the interview and other credentials such as GPAs, work experience and recommendations, the Admission Committee will offer admission to the best qualified applicants.
The decision is made 10 working days after the interview and applicants will be notified through phone calls or text messages.
Tel: 86-10-5166 8008 / 8518 6919
Tel: 86-21-6269 6212 / 6269 6206
Fax: 86-21-6269 6204
Cheung Kong Graduate School of Business
3F, Tower E3, Oriental Plaza, 1 East Chang An Avenue
Beijing 100738, P. R. China
Cheung Kong Graduate School of Business
Building No. 2, 2419 Hong Qiao Road
Shanghai 200335, P. R. China
What language is the class conducted in?
The FMBA program is conducted only in Mandarin Chinese. If you do not speak and write Chinese at an advanced level, you will not be able to attend.
If you are interested in an MBA program that is conducted in English, but focuses on China and other emerging markets, please consider the CKGSB MBA program.
What is the average age of students in the FMBA program?
Our students usually have several years of professional experience. The average age is 31.
Do I need to take the GMAT test in order to apply?
No, we do not require the GMAT. But you will need to take the CKGSB written entrance test. However, if you have taken the GMAT and have received a score of 680 or above, you may be exempt from the written examination.
What are the entrance requirements for the FMBA?
We look for evidence of leadership, integrity, and the potential for career development. In addition, we seek candidates with:
- An undergraduate degree and three or more years of work experience, or
- A postgraduate degree and two or more years of work experience
- Finance or finance-related work experience is preferred, but we will consider highly qualified candidates with non-financial experience who can demonstrate commitment and interest in the financial sector
For more information about being accepted into the program, please visit the Chinese FMBA website.
Can students with overseas (non-Chinese) degrees apply for the FMBA program?
Yes. Overseas degrees need to get certified by the Ministry of Education Service Center for Scholarly Certification. When you submit your FMBA application, please be sure to include the Certification Report.
Where can I learn more about the program?
Complete information about the program is on the Chinese website.
If you have questions about the FMBA program, or want to learn more, please contact us using the form below. You may also want to read more about the program on the Chinese FMBA website.